[ SHOWGSD-L ] bulldogs anyone??Question--need advice

  • From: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:11:23 EDT

Hi List,
Anyone here know anything about Bulldogs??  My neighbors have a 3 yr old
female they paid $1,800 for --they just wanted a pet but they love the breed
and
thought they were getting her from a good breeder--and her breeder took them
for a ride-took them 2 years to get the registration and then they were told
never to breed her unless they gave the breeder ALL the puppies-it was a bad
scene-theres more-but anyway-tonite they called me over to see their NEW  dog.
;-(
It is a 2 yr old male and he is quite a bit bigger than the female and looks
like he may have good breeding  ???  but my concern is that although they said
he was VERY friendly with EVERYONE-all he did for the 15 mon I was there was
lay all sprawled out on the ground.  And his shoulders-I know they have huge
wide shoulders-upper arms-but his looked quite a bit out of  proportion to the
rest of him.  He finally-with MUCH persuading-got up and lumbered around a
bit-for a minute.  He seemed to walk like a bulldog-I just am concerned for
them-they paid almost $2,000 for him and although they said they got the
registration and pedigree and a sales contract  (I did teach them something), I
haven't
seen it yet-and I do know bulldogs have a pretty bad problem with hip
dysplasia and breathing problems-anyone have any input for me about this?  I
cant
figure out why anyone would want anything other than a GSD-but then-that's me.
guess someone has to love the "other" breeds.  ;-))  I just want to sound like
I know a little something tomorrow nite when I go over to see them and see
the paperwork that came with the dog.
They are NOT breeders-may-or may not-use him to breed their female.  You know
how people many times "look" like their dogs??  Well, Jimmy is kind of built
like a bull----dog-has huge shoulders and  was in some kind of accident and
has a scar/deformed upper lip--.  They are really  WONDERFUL neighbors and I
sure hope they got a good dog.
Thanks for listening.
Cheri Hunt
Cheradon Shepherds -  Breeder/owner of Ch. Cheradon Achtung Erynbrook
Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, CA, PA, TH, NORMAL & "GSDCA Health Merit Excellent"  aka
"Champion Mikey"    Ch. Mikey        Cameo's site    Jenna's Page   Danny's
Page