[ SHOWGSD-L ] bringing puppy back from Canada

  • From: janbraeloch@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:36:36 -0500

I have found that I can take a dog into Canada without much ado, I carry the
rabies certificate with me but am many times surprised when the crossing guard
asks about the dog and I tell him I am going to a dog show. They often let me
in without even a look at any paperwork. Coming back into the states has
required paperwork and, on one occasion, I had to get the dog out for the guard
to see. It took me much longer and more paperwork to get home than to get into
Canada.

Has anybody else had that type of experience?

Janice Stevenson