[ SHOWGSD-L ] breeding an older maiden bitch

  • From: <nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:28:57 -0400

I bred a maiden bitch at six. we had two normal breedings with long ties. there
were seven puppies conceived. a normal whelping with no need for a vet at
all.also Ch Lahngolds Maedchen was bred to  ChFalco of Thunder Rock when she
was five and had a normal breeding a normal litter which produced a Ch Male and
a BIF bitch. Lots of Show bitches get bred later. that breeding was a half
brother half sister breeding. of course it was double bernd which was a strong
healthy bloodline.I believe the puppy bitch lived to be 13 and the dog outlived
his owner.
--
norma hansburg
www.normahansburg.com