[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: brand new topic

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:19:41 -0400

I'm aware that it isn't really a problem in most North American-bred
German Shepherds.  It does exist in many breeds, however, and I was
hoping, given the amount of brainpower about dogs in general on this
list, that someone would be able to tell me more than I already know
about it.   (I named some of the breeds, but couldn't begin to name them
all...LOL!)
    Dr. Spira believes it is a problem with the structure of the hock;
others believe it is a ligamentation problem.  I don't know...
all I know is it doesn't usually interfere with a dog's usefulness
insofar as showing or hunting is concerned...what I want to know is does
anyone believe it is heritable.............
Peggy