[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: board meeting

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:34:54 EDT

Well, heaven forbid that anyone should feel like a "disenfranchised"  member!
 VBG

Some of the items accomplished are:

Dean Wylie was approved as Regional Club Chair; Peggy Kurz for Review
Management; David Fritsche for Newsletter, and Amy Safdir for Futurity  Chair.

In July we are going to try to coordinate a lot of our health activities
such as 13 Club, the questionnaire on the futurity forms, etc.  We're going  to
look at some of those things in detail.

Since as vice-president I am in charge of the AKC Archival Program I  brought
up about saving our historical documents.  AKC does have Reviews  and
catalogs (although if anyone has really old ones, let me know).  I feel  since
we
don't have a central place to store items (and we change chair people  often so
items must be passed on) it would be a good idea to take advantage of  the AKC
Archives for items like the Redbook, Bluebook, and anything  historical.
Carmen is working on our videos to be stored with AKC.

Host Futurity Clubs were selected for 2010 and will be posted later.

An internet Review website was discussed and hopefully will be done within  6
months.  John was there and believe me, we gave him a number of tasks to  do
so he is going to be busy and could probably use help from some of you
computer literate people.

Conformation Judges slate for 2009:  Dave Rinke, Vicki Roye, Charlotte
LaRosa, Lanalee Jorgensen, Cyndi Flaut, Bob Drescher.  The rest of you can  run
by
petition.

Helen Gleason had a new brochure on the standard to pass out for  Education.

One AKC/CHF grant was supported on anal fistulas.  There will be  a DNA
collection at the 2008 National.

Tim Wheat talked to us about the audit.  It is not finalized  yet.  As a
result of Enron and the Sarbannes-Oxley act, there are new  auditing standards
which are now applicable to the GSDCA.

A Joan Ford Bred-by Memorial Trophy was approved with details to be  worked
out.

Kathaleen Strong's Illustrated Standard Committee was approved and they are
working on it.

Lots of committees gave reports which required no action at this time

I'm sure some of the other Board members will be able to remember other
items which took place.  The Board-O-Gram will be out soon and Kathaleen is
doing
a good job on the minutes.

Tish

listings at AOL Autos.