[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: board meeting

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shutter45@xxxxxxxxx, murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:20:16 -0700 (PDT)

I know that I did not submit a bid to do the work.  I think Mike and Sharon put
in a bid. and another professional photographer in Texas was thinking about it.
She was the one that did the Futurity in that area and does nice work.  She has
been doing dog photography since the 70's and has the lighting equipment needed
to do the indoor stills. She knows what the GSD folks like.

  There just isn't enough money involved to buy the equipment needed to do the
job right. I don't make any money doing the show that I do photography for. By
the time you buy a plane ticket and pay for equipment and printing you are in
the hole big time.  I would rather just do my own thing and enjoy the show. The
photography is a lot of work and a thankless job :0)  I did promise the Review
candids if I got any thing worth printing.

  I have done the WDA and can tell you that it is about a solid month of hard
work and endless hours on the computer. Everyone wants their pictures within 2
days and it is a lot of pressure and more work than you will ever know.

  To do the national you need at least 3 photographers that know the subject
matter. One for performance, one for candids and one for the win stills. If you
are going to cut corners who are you going to leave out? Who is less
important?? I didn't want to make that decision.

  Terry

  Terry
Ams <shutter45@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  that hasnt been decidied yet so I guess you have to sit on pins and needles
Ams