[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: board meeting

  • From: "Gail Hardcastle" <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:40:10 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>

> It was good to be able to have fun together.
> Rocky Mt. - you are one fine host club.
> Dave

Were we really singing "99 Bottles of Beer On The Wall' ? Who wanted us to
select a Rally Song? Was that driver scarey or what? Who was snoring before
we got back to the hotel? Thank you Rocky Mt and Susan Casey for providing
transportation to your hospitality BBQ for the Board. Good company, good
food, a dog to love..what an incredible bonding evening for all of us.

Briefly regarding the meeting:
 This is a wonderful, dedicated and respectful board. I am so proud to
represent the Club as President and to have such a great group of Directors.
We have now settled into committes and I believe we got great informative
reports from nearly all the committees. This keeps us inform so that we can
make good decisions and answer questions from our membership. If you want
copies of specific reports we will make them available to you.
Our treasurer Nadine Grady provided us all with preliminary first quarter
Profit & Loss statements which she generated. There will be changes made
after her day-long-and-into-the-night meeting with our CPA Tim Wheat
yesterday, but what a savings her efforts represent for the first quarter.
The July meeting will be rather novel as we will be discussing ways to give
back to the membership. We will be discussing ways to help juniors, rescue
and legislative efforts. Scholarships will be explored. We will be having a
"Great Idea" contest to involve members. We will be formulating a membership
drive plan. How about a free drawing for review ads, 1 year membership,
victory dinner tickets or GSDCA products? These are only ideas that were
thrown out informally from directors during breakfast. Get your thinking
caps on and watch for details. Our membership is an intelligent group and
should be able to offer suggestions to this receptive Board.
Again, thanks to all.
Gail