[ SHOWGSD-L ] board insurance question

  • From: Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:30:24 EDT

ok, questions, questions, questions. Any insurance people out there?

Doesn't insurance protect individual members of a clubs board? If not, what
is it for? If insurance only protects the club as an entity, and the  assets
of a club, why do we, as regional clubs need insurance? If someone  sues and
takes our lousy $1000 what would it matter? Our insurance is  probably half
that
already.  I thought that the insurance was to protect  individual board
members.  If not, what person in their right mind would  want to serve on ANY
board?? The members of our regional club's board have  assumed we are covered,
at
least I know I did. I am VERY concerned about this.

Also, if I am reading all this correctly (and it changes with each email I
read), the charges are that New York Laws were violated? How can a Florida
judge  decide what New York Law is? Also, how does everyone know what the
charges
are?

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I am just curious. I do watch
Law and Order sometimes. <g>

And Evan, who ever knows what anyone else is thinking? Half the time, I
don't know what I am thinking.

Nancie
Life may not always be a party
But while we are  here we may as well dance.
_Colorado  Front Range German Shepherd Rescue_
(http://frontrangegermanshepherdrescue.org/wbswebpage.cfm?pagetextid=GSD)

In a message dated 10/25/2007 9:55:51 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

and a  violation of the fudiciary duty of a board member to
use the club to  indemnify themselves. It violates New York law, the IRS tax
code,  the Corporations Code and every rule of ethics I have ever  seen.

Other than that, it was a great idea for those who were sued.  Not  so  good
for the GSDCA.  What were they thinking?

Evan