[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: bitch that does not have milk

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: crudolf@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 16:23:57 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, pit will absolutely bring milk down but DO NOT use until after the
birth of the first baby and DO NOT use when a baby is in the birth
canal....1/2  a cc, no more than 2x. Consult a vet, MAKE SURE IT IS THE RIGHT
POTENCY
FOR  A DOG, NOT SHEEP, PIGS OR GOD FORBID CATTLE.

Scratching my head as to why she was bred again after the last
drama...trying not to be judgmental, failing miserably.  It's been a long
week....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 6/8/2012 2:54:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
crudolf@xxxxxxx writes:

I have a  friend who is about to have another litter out of her Anatolian
Shepherd  and she thinks the bitch is not going to have any milk and will
have a huge  litter.  This girl had a litter of 14 last time and had not a
drop of  milk, so all had to be bottlefed. I went to her one week-end so she
could  have some rest from feeding the pups at night.   I had heard  that
raspberry leaves or something like that was good to give to induce the  flow
of milk.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Will oxitocyn shots  bring down milK?
I know they sugggest that for alpacas who don't have milk  and it seems to
work. She won't breed this bitch again if she does not have  milk again, and
she is an awesome bitch , good mother too except for the  lack of milk.
Any help will be appreciated. I have never had a litter where  the mom did
not have milk except the one time when the ER messed us up--one  reason why
I won't ever go there again.  They did not " feel  comfortable" tubing my
bitch after a c-section and did not know how  to  feed the puppies.  They
actually called us in to get her to  nurse while she was recuperating there,
because they could not get her to  nurse..  Stupid people, we went down and
fed the puppies. Our regular  vet's receptionist would have known what to
do, but they were closed at the  time.  Of course it was a week-end.

--
Christiane  Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.