[ SHOWGSD-L ] bi-colours

  • From: "Peggy M" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:24:08 -0400

I sent this to Flower Boy, Carolyn, and the list, and it doesn't seem to
have come thru to the list, so I'm sending it again, just to the list.
Peggy

  All my life I've been told that the definition of a bi-colour is a dog you
think is black until you got close enough to see the brown pattern....toes,
etc.

   And it might be a good idea to remember that there is a gene (or set of
genes) for colour and another completely different gene for pattern...
such as the b/t of a Rottie, Dobe, Gordon Setter, OR bi-coloured GSD.

   I would never in a million years have considered Bono a bi..........he
was a black and tan dog with a lot of black, that's all...........

Peggy