[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: better now than then???

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:11:39 -0800 (PST)

Sometimes I look at the dogs today...especially the ones that are out there
doing some serious campaigning, and really do think that overall they are
better than the dogs of 20-30 years ago.....No, not better really, what I mean
is that at least there seems to be more quality animals.  At the few
specialties I have been to over the past several years I come away thinking,
"wow, there is really a depth of quality here".  So, just when I get to feeling
all warm and fuzzy I go to a show where I am amazed at the poor quality I see!
such a mish mash of strange movement and type!  Go figure, huh?  My personal
opinion is that we have really done some funky things to the rear assemblies of
some of our dogs today.  The way croups and hip joints fit together on some
dogs I see makes me wonder how they can move without hurting :-(   Well, that
is another topic...lol  Cynthia
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx wrote:
Thank You...Evan:

That's the Era where I recall you participating. .

Which leads me to question how you can demean Shepherds of the Past that you
did not see. Saying everything is better now......

Better How???

That is still a mystery to me.. You always say everything is better..
I admire your optimism.. I just do not share your perspective on the Breed.

But as you say, we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Whether there is anything wrong with that, or not... Barb Williams

POST is Copyrighted 2004. All material remains the property of the original

 The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!