[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: benefits of neutering?

  • From: "Ellen Penington" <epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:18:43 -0700

> He also liked to try to breed GSDs (or any other female dog in season)
> until I fixed him.  >

Funny, everyone thinks that neutering a dog will stop his sex drive...but I
have one  (neutered at 6 months) and a friend has another (neutered at 12
months) that are "fixed" and still can tie a female.  After the first time,
I called the vet that neutered him and said..hey what is going on??  The vet
said he is probably having fond memories...I said..Fond memories my A... he
was only 11 months old and he was actually tying the bitch..what memories
can be involved here???  He is a Cockapoo and still tries to mount and tie
my female GSDs and he is now 16 years old.  It  is a real comedy...but we
won't go there.  The vet says "Well at least they won't get pregnant".

Ellen Penington
www.eldoradogsd.com
epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx