[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: be happy

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sherry Nolan" <willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:50:37 -0600

Sherry,
After reading your post - and agreeing - I have one major observation:  How do
you bring new people into this game when you have just pointed out some of the
major obstacles?  It's getting harder and harder to keep our little specialty
club going - there are no facilities available for training in our area (at
least that we can afford).  Our club has now shrunk to less than a skeleton
crew - how does a club bring in new members when the club's only activities are
pretty much simply holding two conformation shows per year?  How does a club
even get  new individuals interested in showing dogs, or joining a club, when
there is so much negativity out there from those already involved in the breed?

Simply look at the comments contained in your post below, and direct these
opinions to a newcomer.  Aside from "love of the breed", where's the
attraction?

Valerie Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.