[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: be careful at the Harrisburg shows, esp this Friday

  • From: <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 9:28:48 -0700

I sent an email to "Dogs Deserve Better" and here's their response.

I would hope to think that it's true.
-Rick Haase

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
<<snippet from my email>>
Why would you bother with dog show people? These pets are treated like family
members and they are not the types of dogs that you would find tied up in a
yard. Crated, yes sometimes. For safety and comfort. Most show dogs love their
crate. It has blankets, toys, water, etc.

Please don't go PETA on us.

Rick
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

<<response>>
The AKC has now put out a press release stating that they are
against any anti-tethering legislation.  Tammy will be there Friday to
protest that and only for that reason.  The email you received is merely
their attempt to discredit Tammy and Dogs Deserve Better.  We do not have any
"hidden agenda" planned for this weekend and will continue to be the same
animal welfare group as we have been.  Thank you for taking the time to email
us and ask what our intentions are-we appreciate you wanting to find out the
truth and not making any assumptions.
Thanks again,
Jody

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:45:52 -0400
From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: be careful at the Harrisburg shows, esp this Friday

Nina Shaeffer of the Pennsylvania Dog Federation has informed us that
there will be a protest on Friday at the dog show in Harrisburg by Tammy
Grimes and her cohorts from Dogs Deserve Better.  These are the same
people who have gone into people's yards and taken dogs stating the dogs
have been abused.  Presently Ms Grimes will stand trial in Altoona, PA
for dog snatching.

It is imperative that you not leave your dogs unattended at any time and
I would strongly suggest that you not leave them unattended at any point
during the weekend.  These people are looking to cause trouble and let's
not allow them to use our dogs to do it.

Their "scheduled" protest is on Friday from 9:30am to 12:30pm but I can
tell you they are probably there to cause problems for us all weekend.
Peggy