[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ballots?

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 13:12:44 -0500

Well, I know my opinion doesn’t matter much…
But if a candidate can’t even respond to questions generated by the membership
(and potential membership being from this list) at a time when they are
supposed to be working to earn our votes, why in the world would they even
bother to respond to their constituency after they get elected? I see FB’s
point!
Not that I have read all the Q&As as yet, but what to do if one doesn’t like
what they read regarding the stance on issues for a candidate? Hmmm… now that
would be a conundrum! But at least, I can agree with the fact that though I
might not agree with all that is said (we shall see), at least that nominee
took the time to write to the membership and give their views & opinions…
Which I do think at least shows effort made by that person, and that they have
at least some belief in open policy.. unlike the candidates who cannot be
bothered with questions from the membership…

JP&P going back to work next week!

On Aug 27, 2015, at 09:52, Evan Ginsburg (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx"
for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would hate to think we would vote for whoever responds. I want to have the
best people on the board I can. Just because someone responds to me, does not
mean they are qualified. I doubt that Ed meant it that way.

I don't know who is busy, who is out of the country, who is not computer
literate, (me), and who is still thinking of how to respond. Just being able
to type, and having some extra time, is not enough for me. Hell, even I post
at times. And, you sure wouldn't want me on the board.

Evan