[ SHOWGSD-L ] ballot

  • From: "Ken Downing" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ken.downing281@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:38:12 -0700

I just received my GSDCA ballot today as I expect most of you did.  I very
seldom comment but feel compelled to do so today.  Our standard is very
complete in describing the German Shepherd Dog and I do not believe we need to
make any improvement/changes by allowing the proposed changes to be made.  In
fact we would be allowing and encouraging a weakening of what most people in
the world expect a German Shepherd to look like and to what end?  Why not
release the White German Shepherd dog  people to form their own breed as they
have requested for years and this year the AKC stated they did not have a
problem if the GSDCA released them.  I would hate to be the ONLY GSDC in the
world to allow a White German Shepherd in conformation.  We are the 3rd oldest
club in the WUSV and I wonder what the WUSV would think of this?
As a member of this club for almost 40 years, I would be more concerned as to
why we have not had a qualified audit of the clubs financial position for years
and it appears to be going on 3 years.  Also I wonder how many members know
that the club filed an injunction against the WDA and lost in Colorado?  Then
filed an injunction in Arkansas and lost?  Next week they are scheduled for
modification in Colorado regarding monies owed to the WDA.  Now I would
consider those real problems.

Again, I encourage everyone to leave our standard of excellence as it currently
is.  Thanks for listening to me.  Ken Downing, Abraxas Shepherds est. 1978,
Past President GSDCA

http://showgsd.org/mail.html