[ SHOWGSD-L ] bad publicity

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:36:07 -0500

I've been off the 'puter all day..but I had to get on here to send this
message.........

I don't know how many of you get to see the magazine, Dogs in Review.  A few
years ago the mag did a good interview with Jerry Guzman and the breed came
off well.  I haven't seen the article I'm going to tell you about...and I'm
not even sure it is an article...it may be a Letter to the Editors.
Nevertheless, I got two phone calls about it today, because people knew I'd
be interested.
      This is the issue with the Irish Terrier on the cover, for those who
are interested.
    A fellow who was at the seminar at the National, and who watched the
judging, has written terrible things about the GSD fancy, and about the
dogs...calling them bad names and saying they are all too nervous and
worse... he was downright INSULTING...and he has called for the AKC to ban
all double handling.
   Yes, I have his name...but I suggest each of you find a copy of the
magazine somewhere...and read it for yourselves.   When I find my copy (I
rarely look at the magazines that come here) I will scan or retype it and
put it into a pdf file or something else that people can ask for...    I
assume the man is planning on applying for the breed...and obviously, he is
someone we don't want.
Not that any of us can stop him, I guess...but we sure can keep from hiring
him or showing dogs to him, given his opinion of our dogs.
      Remember -- we just went thru a mess with an AKC Field Rep--we don't
need to have some guy writing bad things about our dogs and about us.   From
what was told (and read) to me, the only good thing he had to say was that
he apparently liked what he called "the white sheet."
   I'd like to go after HIM with a white sheet, I think.....
  At the moment, he's trying to finish the Hound group...nevertheless, he
was at the National, and he IS
considering asking for herding breeds......
   He lives in Colorado Springs, CO, which is probably why he found it so
easy to attend the National.

   Again...this was in Dogs in Review magazine, the issue with the Irish
Terrier on the cover.

Peggy  (who's hoping 2008 is better than 2007 and it won't be difficult for
THAT to happen)