[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: baby strollers

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:32:03 -0800 (PST)

I used to spend quite a bit if itme in Carmel as the beach there was very dog
friendly and we just loved hte town. Over the years, as more and more tourists
came, you could watch more and more of the shop owners get more and more upset
about the people dripping ice cream cones on the fine woolens and other
expensive goods. There were also law suits from people who slipped on dripped
ice cream and sued the property owners and the town. Then cane the skate
boarders who ran over and into the tourists - more law suits. So the town put
up a bunch of restrictions - therefore the signs. It was not government going
nuts, it was irresponsible people who were more than happy to sue --
  exactly the same issue as problems at shows.

  If people were willing and able to accept responsibility and act sensibly, we
would not have these issues.

  I stopped going to Carmel when it got too crowded with the tourists Clint
loved in his tavern.

  Ruth