[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: avoid the word puppymill

  • From: "Ellen Penington" <epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:48:49 -0700

Boy are you uneducated.  Pet "overpopulation" (I guess you haven't read
Nathan  Winograds book) is comprised of mostly mutts.  Guess what???
Breeders don't produce mutts.  Can't sell them, can't show them and in any
cases can't even give them away.  Irresponsible owners produce mutts.  Puppy
mills, ie,. commercial kennels don't produce mutts either...almost always
purebreds.  Less than 20% of the dogs in shelters are purebreds, but you are
trying to somehow pin "overpopulation" on purebred breeders when they hardly
contribute to the problem.  Keep drinking the koolaid!