[ SHOWGSD-L ] at odd's

  • From: Lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (the list)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:13:43 +0000

I work for a large publicly traded company in a management role.  As such, we
are found on message boards with competitors, ex employees, investors, and
current employees.  Posting is a mixture of truths, lies, innuendos, comments,
and opinions.  The GSDCA has out done a very large corporation!
I am absolutely amazed and ashamed by the GSDCA recent events.  The bickering,
fighting, charges, chess playing,  personal agenda's, and downright nasty
nature is shameful.  Really nice hard working people have thrown in the towel,
others are being drug through the mud without cause, and others are having
daggers thrown at them unfairly.

I am in this "game" because I love the dogs and I love a good number of people
in the sport.

 I am just a solo voice of many members.  I am questioning why I should be a
member.  I do not want to be associated with any organization that is so
shamefully at odds.

If you are serving on the board or want to serve on the board and your
objective is to serve The German Shepherd Breed and the members; I commend you
and I appreciate you.  I am to a point where I don't know what the club
objective is.  How can so many be so divided?

Right or wrong- why has this club become so hurtful to others?

I read Rita's post and thought it was so well written. I think about the
quality board members and those running.   I think about those new to running,
those running again, and ask myself "why would they do that to themselves?"

I know in my heart that 95% of the board means well.  I know 95% of the slate
has the breed at heart.  What has happened?  My heart is truly hurt for our
club and breed.

This email is not directed at any one individual and it bears no agenda.  What
are we doing to our friends, ourselves, our club, and our breed?  Why are we
tearing each other up?  Is this really worth it?

I, Linda Bankhead, am hereby committed to doing something positive for good
causes starting today.  I will be volunteering time at the Canine Assistance
Pumpkin patch Drive  Sunday, October 14th.  I am volunteering to work the
rescue table and collect donations for rescue at our National the following
weekend.  Please join me in the Rescue effort!