[ SHOWGSD-L ] aspergillus fumigatus

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:46:31 -0400

A month ago my 11 year old had trouble walking one day. We did xrays then
followed up by a blood test. It was confirmed Aspergillus fumigatus. We
do not know how long this has been going on as there are normal changes in
aging dogs and this seems from xrays to be very are advanced . The vet who
read the xrays wants to use this as a case study as it is so classic.
From what I am told this is not completely curable. The recommendation is
at least a month or so of intraconazole which I am told is very expensive.
Have not gone there yet. seems after 5 days of pain killers then a month
of cefpodoxime she is back to her old self for the time being. Between
me and the vet this is an experiment as long as the dog is comfortable.

I have heard of aspergillus before but they lost the dogs very soon. does
anyone have experience or suggetions?
Lissa