[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: anyone have some ideas

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 17:00:45 -0400

I also use this but in the summer, I'll half fill it with water, freeze it
and then give it to them.  As it thaws, the water loosens the ice from the
side of the bottle and it starts to make noise when the dogs shake it.  I
don't have to worry about excess treats and the dogs will try to get the
water out for hours.
I also freeze plastic glasses full of water and then run them under cool
water to pull the ice rocks out.  My young guy will chew happily on this til
it's thawed.
Mary-Anne

I also do something like this , except I use a Gatorade bottle . It is
pretty tough and comes in different sizes . I put rocks in it and then drill
a hole in the top of the lid and near the top in the side and pull a rope
through the holes. I then tie knots in the rope  so they can't pull it
through the holes . They love it best of all !!
Connie Palmer Williams
South Park Colorado

Gilli's all time favorite is a Coke bottle.  Drop a hand full of food [or
rocks] in it so it rattles and makes noise and screw the lid on as tight as
you can get it.  {I use food in case they actually get it opened.]   They
play with them for hours and once they're done - throw it in the can.

--
Suzanne