[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: antibiotics in kennel situation

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

You can buy pretty much anything you want online without a prescription
now...you just have to look harder.  Amazingly drugs meant for humans are much
easier to get then drugs meant for animals.  Good luck finding things like
Rimadyl, Baytril, or Oxytocin....but pretty much any drug meant for a human
that is not a narcotic can be purchased online without a prescription.

  I also know that several large breeders have access to vets that will write
them prescriptions without question.  If you talk sweet to them they might
reveal their sources.

   I'm not sure of the legal consequences of any of this ...so if you end up in
jail, don't blame me. ;o)

  Cindy

  PS - I do everything I can not to use antibiotics on my dogs because of the
immuity factor but a lot of vets seem to take great pleasure in dangling that
prescription out there just out of your grasp until you spend hundreds of
dollars in xrays and tests just to tell you what you already knew and what a
simple 10 day supply of antibiotics could have cleared right from the start.

CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx wrote:
  years ago we could get larger quanity of antibiotics from our vets for a
better price but now these catalog companies want vet to write a RX and many
vets
want you to buy from them at elevated prices...if they write an RX, they
charge office visit to do so and only write for smaller quantities....how do
most
of you handle this in a kennel situation...natalie

Cloverleife Hill Kennels
http://www.cloverleife.com/

CH Cloverleife's Dimples - CH Carmil's Amadeus V Windywood -
CH Cloverleife's Cappuccino - CH Cloverleife's Firecracker -

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original