[ SHOWGSD-L ] ant remedy

  • From: "Amber C. Turley" <act148@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:07:09 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Yesterday several listers asked for information as to a remedy which would =
get rid of ants.  I have another organic remedy is anyone in interested.  M=
y sister is a herbalist and runs a business raising herbs and creating prod=
ucts from these herbs.  When I asked her what was the stuff she used in the=
 bottle of ant rid she sent me, she said it  is a mixture of  pure essienti=
al oils of pennyroyal and eucalyptus.  She suggests that since we are worki=
ng around animals to mix some - say 20 drops in about 3 oz. of water and sp=
ray it on the problem area. (It would be far too strong in the pure essenti=
al oil state for using on or around animals. We used it on the window sills=
 where the ants were coming in.) She has had farmers use her bug spray on t=
heir chickens and chicks, they swear it rids them of lice.  It was also use=
d on a friends donkey to keep the flies off. I use the watered down spray t=
o keep the bugs off me, it seems to work even on those pesky little gnats t=
hat fly round.  Hope this helps.
                         Amber Conti Turley