[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: another football player involved in pitbulls

  • From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>, "gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:34:22 -0500

I have no knowledge as regards Michael Griffin...........but I do believe we
need to be prudent when talking about folks if we lack definite information
pertinent their lives, activities and interests.
Wikipedia tells us the Michael Griffin was a liberal arts honor student and was
drafted into the NFL to play for the Tennessee Titans.
He has a twin brother Marcus.
Further, both his parents are retired from the United States military.

Additional information includes his interest in the Sport of Pure Bred Dogs
with the American Staffordshire Terrier as his breed.
He is said to attend AKC sanctioned dog shows.

Just a reminder, folks, the American Staffordshire Terrier is an AKC recognized
breed; they have breeders and breed enthusiasts just as the German Shepherd Dog
Fancy has.............

We need to be very careful before we start tarring someone with the same ugly
brush as another individual who has been charged with animal cruelty........

.....especially without presenting adequate information or documentation to
support the claim.

Jane Kerner