[ SHOWGSD-L ] another california dilemma

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:14:22 EDT

what is happening to my wonderful home state?!?!  my mom just told me about
an article that appeared in her local paper, the santa rosa press democrat.
apparently, hsus has built a magnificent new facility in the area.  equally as
apparent is their lack of attention to all the dogs and cats in the area that
need help.  and....this is what made me see red, their in-house "trainer" has
decided to implement the following:
prior to walking thru a door, each and every dog (don't know about the cats)
is sprayed in the EYES with a vinegar solution to "teach" it to obey.  WHAT
THE HE** KIND OF TRAINING IS THIS?  IT'S ABUSE!!!!!! if the dog is in the
shelter it's already terrified and disoriented.  yes, i'm yelling.  has anyone
in
the area seen the article(s) - lois maybe?  can you shed more light on this
despicable situation?
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

http://www.aol.com.</HTML>