[ SHOWGSD-L ] .....and the flood continues...

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 06:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

While we fire up our grills and plan our summer parties with family and
friends, a very young GSD was found rooting for food in a garbage dump in
Coweta county Georgia. Her pads are worn; possibly from hot pavement? This dog
has not even grown into her ears and already has survived more than her fair
share.
The people who found her did bring her home, but are unable to keep her as they
already have multiple dogs. She will jump a 4 foot fence if left alone;
probably for fear of being returned to the "life" she had. Her face is full of
hope....could you be her guardian angel??? please copy/paste into your browser
to read her story.
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/lasthopegsds/vpost?id=2746808
There are senior dogs galore; our Sanctuary could be filled two times over
already. Some of these Senior citizens are eminently adoptable; but it would
take some time to find the right placement for them. People move away and
abandon them...some just turn them loose in hopes of them finding a home,
rather than relegating them to certain death at the "shelter"...some have had
to choose between food for their family, or food for the dog and done the only
thing they felt they could, by relinquishing the dog to the local pound.

There are NOT ENOUGH GSD RESCUES to handle this load. We have been networking
with all breed rescues across the country; trying to find a corner here or
there for a hapless soul for whom we ARE the Last Hope.

If you live in Georgia or South Carolina, PLEASE consider lending a kennel and
saving a life. Dogs are HW negative, vaccinated and can be spayed/neutered
before transporting to your home. LHSH does its level best to find Rescues to
commit to these dogs and we make every effort to move them on as quickly as
possible.

If you have time to spare, perhaps transport is something you might be able to
help with. We have dogs in Georgia that need a ride to Holly Hill SC. where
Julie will tend their broken spirit and allow them time to heal their
wounds...both mental and physical.
Doghouses
 Buckets
 Food Bowls
 Bedding
 Flooring for the runs
 Tarps
  are all things we need for the Sanctuary! If you can donate any of these
items, please contact New Beginnings Rescue at Newbeginningsrescue@xxxxxxxxx
Thank you!!!!!!
The Members of Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx