[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: an acceptable dog-related ordinance

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:26:38 GMT

Hi Daphne,
I don't support any type of BSL.  In my opinion, the offending dog's owners
should be held responsible for the actions of their dogs!   It's the same
principle as if Crockett wanted to ban all Ford motor cars because too many
Ford drivers run stop signs and cause accidents - you hold the drivers
responsible, not the automobile.  The same should hold true with dogs - don't
penilize an entire town or county's dog owing community because there are a few
bad dog owners.

The town should strengthen penalties against the dog owners, including jail
time if necessary, and banning offenders from owning dogs in extreme cases.
But don't ban a breed because of bad owners, that's stupid.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- "Miss Hereford" <MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The city council of the city of Crockett, Texas asked that I assist them is
securing what GSD fanciers would consider an acceptable format for an
Ordinance addressing the responsibilities of dog owners in a community.

At the Monday council meeting members of council began the discussions by
asking the police chief to investigate the possibility of a Breed Specific
(not GSD) Ordinance. Naturally, I offered to assist them in achieving their
goals Without that type of approach.

Any input you can provide that may assist me in helping them will be
appreciated.

Faithfully Yours,
Rin Tin Tin
Miss Daphne Hereford