[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: amending bylaws

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:26:27 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/11 7:03:00 PM, TISHW@xxxxxxx writes:

> I have already asked the chair of the by-laws committee to look at
> reducing
> the number of members on the board.
>
> Tish

I have a question regarding the above statement.   I just talked to a board
member this morning and they knew nothing of a request to the By Law Chair
regarding the reduction in the number of Board members.   Was this something
done with Board approval, at the latest meeting?   I guess my second
question is according to the minutes from the January Board meeting, (Page 51
of
the June Review) what ever happened to the motion that was passed and
approved that: â??Official Internet communication shall be limited to Constant
Contact messages approved by the Executive Committee or through a forum
conducted
and governed by the Board.â??   Is amending the by-laws not a decision by the
club/Board? Why was a motion approved and then seemingly ignored?   Is that
a protocol we should embrace?
In my opinion what Sam has described below in order to facilitate a change
in the by-laws via a petition would be the most dependable method to
accomplish that outcome.   'Looking at' and actually doing are two very
different
things.
Regards,
Pat