[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: amat fut/prof handlers kids

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 19:22:15 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Nancy.

  My question (posting to the list because I love the abuse) - why would we
allow dogs to be entered in both venues.  If it holds true that good/great dogs
should win no matter who the handler is, wouldn't it be a given that the
futurity winner should also win the amateur futurity; assuming of course, that
it's closest competition wasn't also entered?

  Perhaps I don't understand the point to the amateur futurity, but I thought
it was a place for fat, old, out of shape breeders to get off their bums and
and exhibit their own dogs much to the amusement and entainment of their much
smarter peers and the professionals.  I hummed and hawed about entering one of
my bitches in the amateur futurity just to expose myself to a little exercise,
and now I'm pretty thankful I didn't. :o)

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com

Nancy Harper <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Please keep comments coming regarding the Amateur Venue. As this is the
first year, we are just experiencing what we might need to do to refine the
rules - certainly it appears we need to allow Juniors to compete in the
Amateur regardless of who the Parents or other household members might be.
As was apply pointed out Juniors cannot be paid anyway by virtue of the fact
that they ARE JUNIORS. I am sure that other changes will be made along the
way.
There have been many changes along the way with Futurity/Maturity System
throughout the years.
Remember when we could only show in the Region in which the litter was
nominated? How about the year we tried having the Futurities all on the
same date? Then there was the time when the PC Board voted on the names
submitted by the Regional Clubs. We have to be flexible enough to go with
the flow and I welcome new suggestions. Perhaps the Amateur should be for
Juniors ONLY. Let's keep trying to see what works.
Nancy Harper
National Futurity Chair.