[ SHOWGSD-L ] all natural anti-anxiety stuff????

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 06:38:31 EDT

Hi guys,

I have a dog owner w/ a 10 year old (this June) that I sold them at 9
weeks.  Her hearing seems to be changing and although it never bothered her
before she is distressed now at thunder and when there is a load of cotton
towels in the dryer she tries to get her "mom & dad" out of the house.   God
lover her....

They had her to the vet, nothing wrong....just aging.  The vet  suggested
anti-anxiety meds, but I know this couple would prefer something  natural.
What is the OTC pill I am thinking of made out of the bark of some  Brazilian
tree???  Or does anyone have any suggestions for a homeopathic  remedy???

When my Cody was that age there was a popular TV commercial and when I'd
finally sit down at night and turn on the TV, he'd think the doorbell rang
whenever that particular commercial came on.  He liked to hear himself bark
<G>.  It got so the other dogs didn't even get up to join the  chorus:)

You have to love these oldsters!!!!!  I sure do.

Thanks in advance...

Kathy