[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: all breed club by laws question

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 22:44:11 -0500

Before you change anything, you should submit the changes to the AKC.
I think AKC will also have to approve a change in territory.
As for defining an "active" member, I am pretty sure AKC won't allow that
term.
As far as I know, the only memberships allowed are regular and junior...and
for the purposes of
dues collection and newsletter distribution, regular members can be
considered a "family" if they live
in the same household.  In some cases, clubs have designated certain regular
members as "honorary,"
but I don't think AKC gets involved in that, either...as honorary members
usually don't live in the area
or are retired from active participation.

However, to make sure, your club will have to verify everything with the
AKC.

Peggy