[ SHOWGSD-L ] akc registration

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:03:46 EDT

AKC has thrown reputable breeders to the dogs! (pardon the pun).

"Administrative Research Registration Service:(ARRS) A Reminder...Do you
have breeding stock that is currently
registered with another registry? The ARRS allows AKC staff  to  conduct
pedigree research to determine registration eligibility for dogs upon
customer request. Dogs may qualify for registration if pedigrees show no break
in
AKC lineage and all dogs originate from AKC registerable dogs.

How to get started:
You can fax, e-mail, or mail your dogs certificate from another registry,
it is helpful if you send us your dogs pedigree as well , the Breeder
relations  dept., will conduct the research and if all bloodlines go back to
AKC
dogs we  will go ahead and register your dog at no charge. There is no charge
for  us to complete  the research.

Contact us today to get your breeding stock registered.
Fax 919-816-4232
E-mail: _dogbreeders@xxxxxxxx (mailto:dogbreeders@xxxxxxx)
Mail: AKC, Breeder Relations Dept., PO Box 900067,Raleigh, NC, 27617

This is the letter I received from a friend. I called the Registrations
dept. at AKC and was told that it is true, except she said they will charge
$30  for registration.

So much for DNA. A Dachshund person just got her American Pet Registry dog
AKC registered. So now they are not giving a Rats... about DNA. Why should
we  bother with the expense and why should we bother keeping accurate
records. I'm  sure AKC will be glad to do the research for us. Oh and I wonder
just how much  research is actually done and what the cost is on that?
So much for limited registration. All you have to do is register your dog
with the American Pet registry and submit that pedigree to AKC and WAL  AH!
Seldom do we put limited registration on a dog without a purpose
   Generally health or hereditary defects that should not be  allowed to
reproduce.

I have never seen anything the  AKC BOD minutes nor has our Delegate  ever
been notified that this was going to happen. How did this come about?

Our local All breed club will be writing to AKC.

Judi Bendt