[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: airfares & Board numbers.

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 19:24:48 -0400 (EDT)

When I was a Board Member living in Los Angeles, a hub made flights easier, but
as I recall we had
the pleasure of having Ellen Migliore as our Travel Agent assisting us in all
our flight arrangements.
What a delight that was for judging and for attending Board Meetings.  Another
possibility perhaps,
one travel agent.

................................................................................................................................................................

It all sounds good.......if it works everytime.    But it doesn't always out of
every location
and into just any location and date.    The Board has not choice on either.
When I was on the Board as soon as I knew where the meetings were... I started
searching
for bargains.    I can be done....and I'm sure everyone really tries.  I sure
did....and I could
quote great prices for that time too........but they aren't even 'good'  now.

You figure what you consider a great price at $465.00.......for NINETEEN Board
members
and possibly the Review Editor and sometimes the auditor....it adds up quickly.
We're not talking about the Hotel prices yet..................<G>
I don't see how we can 'maintain'  with that many Board members.   I didn't
when
I was on the
Board and I don't now,  and I've never once felt that we ever needed that many
Board members.
I don't even see why some are worried about lowering the numbers too quickly.
I think  just not re-filling some Board positions for a year or two is the
easiest and most simple way
once we get past changes with A.K.C.
 I wonder how many Board members A.K.C. has......<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 12:05:33 -0400  (EDT)
  Subject: Re: We need to help

  Jeff,
  For over a month now I  have been checking New Orleans to Orange County
  since I am planing a  visit there beginning of June. I have yet to come up
  with
  an airfare  for less than $600.00. Please tell me where you are booking
  your
  flights  because I will be more than happy to try them. BTW I am paying for

  this  out of my pocket not anyone else's money so I would very much
  welcome
  any  savings. I  use to get very good airfare to Orange  County on SW but
  they  are 600.00 bucks right now for that  trip.

  Lee Brown

  Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in

PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original

any
post.

MANNER
ALL