[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: air flights to 2017 national

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 22:42:31 -0500

Who doesn't know cheval is best well tenderized? LOL
But, seriously, I want to know why people are in an uproar over airlines
that don't take a size 500 crate?!? that's only a 24"x36" crate... I
didn't think most airline rules allowed for a GSD to be flown in only a
500--- with their crazy stand-up and ears not mashed down rules they
(possibly still) have... the size of many of our DOGS is more like a 700
size, and at least a 600 (28"x42") crate, right?
Are the rules different when the dogs fly as excess baggage, rather than
being shipped independently?
Just asking, as I have a friend who wants to come to St Louis this year and
she wants to fly...
And, wasn't there problems with St Louis taking a 500 size last year, much
less a 600 or a 700?
She really wants to try to be finished with everything but the last title
leg for her dog's PAM at Nationals but hates to drive...
Thanks
Jen P & her Pack

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 10:26 PM, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The main hubs have been the same forever.....they may change...but I doubt
it.

Subsidiaries change...but not the main hubs so far.

Airlines change...but not the main hubs so far.

We may not have a West 'COAST' National that the Board or members are
elated

with.....but we all know that Denver and or Utah worked well for the
'middle of the West'

AND the middle of the Country.

The Parent Club could save a lot in finances looking for "new" places that
won't work....and

start rotating to places we do know WILL and HAVE worked!!

*Don't throw the National out with the bath water.*..........<G>

This horse isn't dead yet!! We all love our National and many of us
plan for it all year!!

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.marhaven.com

*On Behalf Of *Terry Cochran *To:* Showlist *Subject:* air flights to
national

With air travel being so unpredictable why should it be used as a criteria
for a national site? Show sites need to be booked years in advance. there
is absolutely no guarantee that a hub will remain a hub, or that the
airline that flies direct will even be in existence by the time a national
rolls around. If they haven't selected a 2017 show site by now there
probably not going to hold a national in the west. This is 7-15 those
facilities are booked no less than 2 years in advance.

If they didn't have a vote on a 2017 site at this board meeting there
isn't going to be a rotation it is a simple as that.

Why beat a dead horse.

Terry

--
Committed to the Total Dog You can be Proud of!!! JayDee's Proud-Haus
Shepherds/Proud K911 <http://www.jaydeesphs.com>