[ SHOWGSD-L ] advice, please........cricket problem!

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:16:41 -0400

  Those of you who know me fairly well know I am phobic about any kind
of bugs............among them, crickets.  I don't care if they are the
regular
black crickets or cave crickets...I am terrified of them and freak out
when I see one.

    when I moved into this house it was overrun with cave crickets...and
after 18 months of an exterminator coming every month, they were gone.
I was told they probably wouldn't come back, because none of the
neighbors had a problem with them, so............I sort of relaxed.

   guess what?  In the past 7 days there have been 6 of them in the
house...and I'm at a loss as to what to do to be rid of them!
Exterminators either want an annual contract, (the big companies) or the
smaller, local types will come once and go around spraying.......ONCE.
I think that's a waste of time!  Once won't do it...
and I am not sure I can afford another annual contract.

       does anyone have any ideas on how to keep crickets out?  I think
they come in thru the plumbing or something...all I know is I can't
stand it......... do I have to take out a loan to hire an exterminator
for a year, just to be rid of them?

       Peggy