[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: advice for newbies

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: caretti@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:57:18 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/2006 9:13:39 PM Central Standard Time,
caretti@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
No matter how much he/she claims to know...love the breed...have
come from a back ground of breeding/training....... Make the decision based
on what *you've* learned.
-----------------------------
How about true stories when we all started in the breed of being a newbie and
breeding...

This is a true story...This was our second litter, we were told to breed to a
dog that our handler was promoting..We had never seen the dog, until we got
there for the breeding.
The dog had a good temperament BUT way too extreme in the rear, I almost
freaked...What did we do... like nice newbies we bred the the dog...lets just
say
it was NOT a good litter..

Listened to our handler again (you think we would have smartened up) 4 blues,
1 esophogus, 3 coats and 1 normal puppy...After that I said, from now  on we
do our own thing...and dont listenend to anyone no matter who anymore.
Started reseaching, seeing the stud dogs in person.doing our own thing.....next
litter we bred our first homebred champion.

Patty Szymczak