[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a terrifying thought

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sally" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <bhahn0616@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:17:15 -0500

well, that's true enough...........I didn't get to watch it all, but on one
of the cable channels (Sundance, maybe) there is a show about the rise of
poverty in this country.  The title is something to do with the Empire State
(new York) but it is about the whole country.
        And look at all the mortgage foreclosures...why
speculators/developers continue to build is beyond me...
and yet, in some areas of the country, the housing market isn't in too bad a
shape.  Yet.  I don't think anyone in the government will deny we are in a
recession, and there are some that would swear we'll be in a major
depression before too long.
       As the pundits say "It'll get worse before it gets better."   We can
worry about where to hold our dog shows, but the animal rights groups are
beating us, bill by bill...and while this activity was never meant to be one
for the middle or lower classes, these days it has gone way beyond
that....dog showing is really getting to be out of the reach of an awful lot
of people...and horses?  I won't even go there.   The small percentage of
people who can fritter away millions on horses may think things are
good...but I personally am not so sure!
  Peggy