[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a question about guarantees, warrantees or whatever you...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, stormygsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:19:54 EDT

In a message dated 3/27/2007 10:30:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
However x-raying a puppy at 5mos of age is in no way a  guarantee that at 2
the dog will ofa. I stress this to all newbie buyers as I  don't want to give
them a false sense of security. I also do not guarantee  elbows against DJD. I
think DJD 1 is a ridiculous diagnosis. At 4-5 mos of  age, pre-lim x-rays will
usually only reveal that the joint is sealed, maybe,  some dogs seem to take
a bit longer. As with any dealing I do, I try to avoid  unrealistic people,
who have unrealistic expectations. Christine

I agree with all of that.  I also think the buyer bears some of the  risk.
If the films come back "fair" at 5 months, it would be up to them to  make the
call.

I also wouldn't promise an OFA # on elbows.  Prelims are ruling out  UAP and
FCP, but to promise there won't be some wear and tear and the possible  DJD1,
I totally agree, unrealistic, ESPECIALLY when the dog isn't under my care  and
control (not that mine are wrapped in cotton!)

But you know...all of this discussion, dialog and worry...when a companion  p
uppy can go to a wonderful forever home at 8-9 weeks without the
bother....makes the companion home look all the better <G>.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_