[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a problem

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Barb Hahn <bhahn0616@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:15:28 -0700

These are my thoughts, Barb.  I really am not talking about the
"ooops" litters, that the owners of the "ooopsies" are selling in
Penny Saver as "designer Dogs."  I am talking about those breeders who
are keeping records, trying to refine the progeny to run true to their
concept.

As far as mutts in obedience?  I'm with those who say, today a mutt,
tomorrow one of our Purebreds... or maybe not.  But at least they are
learning to take care of their dogs, training them, HAVING FUN with
them.  Which may not be what may purebred owners do.

There are recent (10-20 years)crosses today that are becoming pure to
"their" breed and some have made it into AKC and other registries.
Breeding working dogs for type and temperament, not particularly from
a single breed, was with what I grew up, so maybe that's a source of
my belief.  Sheep herders at that time were thrilled and at the gate,
when Herder A had a new litter of their proven line of McNab/Aussie,
with maybe a little Border thrown in:-)

Storm