[ SHOWGSD-L ] a problem

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:47:03 EDT

I've been arguing with a club member that has a mutt and wants to show it
at our up coming all breed show.

We had a membership meeting and called for a vote on whether we should
allow mix breeds in obedience.
  All but one person (owner of a mutt) voted not only NO but H NO!!!
Because our mission statement is that we will work for the betterment of the
PURE BRED DOG.

We have had 3 very active families with rated dogs sell off everything and
get out of dogs. Because AKC put the mutts on the same playing field as our
pure  breds.

We have a local puppy mill here that is very clean i will say but will
breed blind dogs, 3 legged dogs or what ever will produce  puppies. She  used
to raise all AKC registered, however now that the Designer breeds are so
costly she lets the people know that they can show them in obedience. She no
longer does DNA and doesn't have to register the litter.

Where I have a problem is. To get a PAL number, you have to show that the
dogs look to be pure bred and show PROOF that the dog has been spayed or
neutered.

To register a mutt you sign the paper that says "This dog has been spayed
or neutered OR that, being a puppy, WILL BE at such time as my veterinarian
recomends, and that we will submit written verification IF
REQUESTED by the AKC.

Now why does a pure bred have to show PROOF if being neutered but a mutt
doesn't.

Couldn't they just wait to register the dog AFTER it has been neutered?
They can't show till 6 months of age anyway.

A lot of clubs are no longer offering Obedience at their shows. This is one
 reason and the other is cost and lack of workers.

AKC needs to start a Branch for mutts if they want. Competing in different
classes for different titles but not to be registered without proof of
spay/neuter.

I know this is an old issue. I'm just venting.   Judi Bendt