[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a idea for newbies

  • From: "Mary-Anne Boulet" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>, "the list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:17:40 -0400

This is one of the best ideas that I've heard lately.  As a newbie who went
to the Nats in Canada cold 2 years ago, this would have been very helpful.
When I say cold, I mean, I didn't know anyone there, had never been to a
National Event let alone participated in one, had watched shows from afar
but never had a dog that I could show.  Didn't know where to park the
motorhome, didn't know where to register (obedience), didn't know squat.   I
was terrified but muddled through.  My second Nats, I even managed to
introduce myself to some fellow club members but because Nationals are such
a busy time, they and I had relatively little time to 'chat'.  But even from
that limited time, I learned SO MUCH and my interest was peaked.  I still
don't have a show dog but I'll never miss the Nats and as I slowly meet
people, it becomes a great social event for me also not just a 'drooling
over the show dogs' event.  A 'greeter' could have saved me a year's worth
of nerves.  Again, a great idea
Mary-Anne