[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a great idea - Biscuits Against AB 1634

  • From: Jeanne <gsdpal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:16:52 -0400

LOL!  What a great idea!  Personally, I think all the biscuits should have a
tag that reads, "You can put your boots in the oven, but that don't make 'em
biscuits.  Pediatric spay/neuter is NOT HEALTHY for animals.  Vote NO on CA
AB 1634."
Jeanne Carlisle

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:46:29 -0400
From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: a great idea...Biscuits Against AB 1634

From another list...a SUPER idea, shared by Peggy

To go along with the faxes and letters everyone is encouraged to send to
State Senate members and even to Ahnold, we've come up with an idea to
garner some attention.

Biscuits Against AB1634

Just this week, the fans of the TV show "Jericho" were able to save
their show by showing just how popular it really is... they banded
together, each
donating a small amount of their own money, to send 20 TONS of peanuts
to the CBS headquarters to voice their opposition to the cancellation of

this show. CBS listened, and just yesterday announced they will renew
the series for the fall (and politely asked them to stop sending the
peanuts -
LOL!).

Why couldn't the pet loving public do something similar to get the
attention of the Senate?

So... Biscuits Against AB1634 was born.

Dog biscuits... are ever a popular symbol of this country's obsession
with our dogs. How about sending some to California State Senators with
a tag attached simply saying "Vote NO on AB1634"? Think of the boxes and
boxes we could pester them with, The space we could take up, The
annoyance of receiving pounds and pounds of dog biscuits at your office?

There are a number of ways to do this... send your own biscuits with
tags attached. (Provided for print out on the website) Links to each
State
Senator's website and address are available there also.

Or give a buck to Biscuits Against AB1634. We'll wrap them up all nice
and pretty with the tag, your name, and any comments you'd like
included, then box them in bulk and start sending!

Each dollar should cover the cost of one large biscuit, materials and
postage.

To further ... poke fun at ... this absurd bill, we'll be sending
California Natural Health Bars... we've asked for support from Natura,
but haven't gotten a response yet. Regardless, we've got plenty of
biscuits and are ready to start shipping on Monday!

HYPERLINK

http://www.k9snaturally.com/stopab1634.htm

 there will be downloadable labels, and a link to the addresses
needed if you wish to send your own!