[ SHOWGSD-L ] a good tell....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

Well, when the people arrive bearing gifts for the breeder and video equipment
to tape the pups...stay for 3 hours instead of two...drive 8 hours to my house
in the early summer thru the traffic, having to take time off from work so they
dont interfere with my show schedule...show up with bags of toys for ALL the
puppies...Dont ask
"how much are you asking" within the first 30 mins of the initial
conversation....dont ask "How big is he/she going to get?" within the first
HOUR of the initial conversation....when they ASK to meet the dam (shows they
are doing THEIR homework)....when THEY ASK if the parents are OFA (see above)
when they see a puppypresent before YOU do and jump quick to pick it up...when
they arrive with a crate in the car, soft blankets and toys, a good bucket for
water (all my puppy people brought bottled water)....but the best one of all is
when you place that squirming pup into the arms of a 6'4" man and you see tears
streaming down his face....you know you have found the "right one".
Good luck! Follow your instincts...Dawn Restuccia, Laxfield...

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas