[ SHOWGSD-L ] a HUGE clarification regarding my earlier post.

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

I am not in ANY WAY  in support of HSUS, PETA, or ANY of the extremist groups
that are making millions off duping the public! I have never donated any funds
to this group, tho I have personally purchased some of the items from their
"store". The suggestion to watch this video was STRICTLY to educate ourselves
into the plight of the many GSDs who are living in horrendous conditions
chained to ramshackle houses with no human interaction. While there is ALWAYS
an exception to the rule (tho honestly, if I had two dogs who had serious
agression issues and couldnt afford kennels to keep them apart, I might make a
different choice than chaining them)  statistics prove that chained dogs are
responsible for the majority of fatal attacks on children. To be chained 24/7
is no suitable living condition for a social creature such as a dog.
   While I do not aggree with everything this group does or stands for, I am
able to use it as a smogasbord of sorts; taking what applies to me and what I
might be able to use and leaving the rest. Every situation in life is an
opportunity for eudcation and growth...
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas