[ SHOWGSD-L ] Youts recognition..(What's a Yout?)

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 10:15:00 -0400

I have been so busy, that I never looked closely at the page for the German
Shepherd Youth Recognition Fund. To be fully honest, (and this from a lawyer),
I also have never gone to the Parent Club Page.

I see a couple of things I wanted to correct. When it says 100% of the money
received each year goes to the winner at the National, that is true. What is
wrong is the statement that anything remaining is held for the next year. Now,
I know that makes no sense, so let me be clear. Whatever we collect, goes to
the Junior. I don't hold anything back, I don't use any of the donations to pay
for anything, and it all goes out. It makes accounting easier, and is simple
to deal with. Even the interest in the account goes to the Junior Winner.

Also, I didn't want to list donations, or who donates. I have always tried to
make this something done because we believe in the future of the breed. Each
year mostly the same people send in a donation.

I know we all like recognition, but this is part of my plan, that we do it
just because it is the right thing to do. I don't want anyone to think they
gave only to be acknowledged or because they gave more, or less. So, I am
working on taking out the list of donations.

I don't present the check at the National for the same reason. I don't want
recognition or anything else. I do this because I believe in our kids and the
work they do.

Now, take a minute and donate to the Fund. But, please don't expect anything in
return, other than personal satisfaction.

Evan