[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Your opinion and mine

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:01:18 EDT

Hi Kathy, good to hear from you. Perhaps you have missed all the help and
suggestions offered by the list. Perhaps you have missed the heartfelt
condolences given upon the loss of a beloved pet or friend. Perhaps you have
missed
the endless information about new veterinary advances, notices of help  needed,
tears shed for each other. Perhaps you didn't realize that much help and
advice is given freely through private posts. German shepherd people are sort
of
like non shepherd people, and the enjoyment of showing dogs depends a great
deal  on the people you choose (or choose you) to align with. As far as
negative  posts, this is the way it works in real life. There is always someone
disagree with you (and me). We are a passionate and dedicated (for the most
part) group, and part of that dedication is manifested by sticking it out,
being
 positive when possible, doing one's best to be a good representative of "dog
 people", and looking for the good and the positive. I am positive you are a
good  person, and we need people like you.  Shalom, Syd

In a message dated 9/6/2006 11:51:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
KHeckman@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Ok list folks,
I  realize most of you do not know me, and probably never will.  I  am
very new to this and will probably never make a significant impact  on
the breed as others have. However, I am starting to second guess  my
decision to want to show my dog.  Not because it is a lot of work,  or
cost more money than I seem to spend on my children lately, but  because
no one seems happy doing so.  Everyone seems to be against the  other and
the few that are friendly seem to keep to themselves.  I  have gotten
endless criticism on my opinions or questions, with very little  help or
consideration.  Is that the way it should be?  NO!   Should everyone post
something negative just because they don't agree with  another's opinion?
NO.  Now, you should post if you have a valid  argument, but berating
another is completely uncalled for.  We all  can't agree on everything,
but we can agree to disagree about most  things.  It wasn't until
recently that I decided to join the GSGCA,  and I probably won't do much
other than that.  I will support rescue  (another sore spot for me) and I
won't irresponsibly breed my dogs.   For me, that is a good start.  Maybe
others should look at what they  are doing instead of what others are or
are not doing for the  breed.

Kathy

<http://www.mymailsignature.com>

_____

Get your FREE personalized email  signature at My Mail Signature!
<http://www.mymailsignature.com/>

POST  is Copyrighted 2006.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL  issues

SYD  MAILBERG
_WWW.KINGSWOODGERMANSHEPHERDS.HOMESTEAD.COM_
(http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)
COMMISSION  PORTRAITURE