[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Your hero dog stories

  • From: "Maureen Murkland" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:52:45 -0500

   Bits was my first German Shepherd and just happened to have been a
Yoncalla's Mike granddaughter. We were in the Army and stationed at Ft
Campbell, Ky. Living on  post was fun.............the neighborhood kids
would come and ask if Bits could come out and play ball with them, she was
the best out fielder around! She hosted many "pool parties" for the toddlers
in  her wading pool when all the wives would gather in the afternoons. It
was late one night and Pete was in the field. There was a knock at the door,
I ask who it was. I'm with the Post Engineers...we had a report....then
mumble mumble..... I said WHAT? Post Engineers Ma'am.....mumble,
mumble.......  Well mild mannered Bits, who was right by my side.....started
to crouch..then the hackles came up.........she was ready to JUMP thru the
door. I grabbed the phone and called the MP's while I continued asking the
guy questions. Wasn't 2 minutes and the MP's were there and caught him! He
had managed to gain entrance to 2 other houses that night and raped the
women....he had been watching to see who's husbands were home.
   I had a very expensive designer's original couch that she "wasn't"
allowed on.even though I knew she would get on it occasionally from the
evidence. The Mp's had the guys and came in the house to talk to
me.....right in front of everyone, she crawled up on the couch and looked at
me saying.....OK NOW tell me I can't!!!!!!!!!  Mo