[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Your chance

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:28:23 -0600

I think we all know the essence of what a broker is.I think a "broker" is a
person who does not have the betterment of any breed in mind..nor does he
have a purpose in mind for the future of the breed. A broker at the level
of Mr. Hunte..probably rarely sets foot on the property of the puppy
mills..he doesn't see the squalor or filth these animals live in.He is
emotionally detached..you have to be to do this type of thing. His flunkies
pick up the puppies..like chickens going to market..they get delivered..he
gets the money..his hands rarely get dirty. Do you think he lies awake at
night worrying if the puppies had enough water..enough to eat..were they
lying in their own mess..did any of them not make it...were their health
issues or temperament problems that future families might have to deal
with?Brokers don't interact with the puppies..or nurture them..or pet
them..they are a commadity.The goal is to get puppies to their destination
on time..as many live ones as possible..no strings attached. A handler who
simply acts as a "middle man" in the sale of a puppy is not the same. The
handler is often trying to place a promising young dog in a good show home.
yes he might make a commission, but there is nothing wrong with making a
bit of money in the transaction of a sale.Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM