[ SHOWGSD-L ] Your Streaming Videographer

  • From: Robert Braue <bob.braue@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

As I walked into the show arena in Ohio Tuesday morning last year, Bill B.
introduced me to the streaming video contractor who supplied all the equipment
and I was told he needed a video camera man.  After 5-minutes of instruction, I
became a videographer, even though I'm not sure how to spell it, and my last
name is not famous like "Lindsay".

I had one of the best seats in the house, on a pedestal at one end of the show
ring, with a video camera in front of me.  I paid for two front row reserved
seats that I never used because I spent practically every hour starting with
the
Specialty Tuesday through the end of Specials on Saturday behind the camera - -
on a VOLUNTEER basis. Another gentleman from CA sat at the opposite end.  I
hope
our quality of streaming video improved as we gained experience.  I also
enjoyed
showing telescopic views of individuals in the audience who probably never knew
it.

Lana Lee was in the control room and picked one of the two camera's signals to
eliminate blind spots.  Bill's wife, Dick Jones, and another friend were kind
enough to bring a free lunch to me, yet if I left to answer nature's call other
than between classes, I could feel Lana Lee's stare. <G> She did send me a
lovely thank you gift that arrived several weeks after the Nationals as a
complete surprise.

I enjoyed the close-up view of all the dogs, yet if we do it this year, I hope
there would be other volunteers to work shifts.  I also gave my best effort
before and after show hours to live up to my title as Hotel Liasion Committee
Executive VP - Excrement Removal <G>.  MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!

Last year my friend, Larry Rock, suggested that we might approach local
university TV departments, or trade schools, or colleges, and offer them an
opportunity to practice their production skills and set up their equipment to
shoot our streaming video.  Knowing their efforts were reaching a National
audience might prompt their professors to monitor quality of their broadcasts.

All that said, and a $1 bill, might just buy you a cuppa joe at Mickey
D's.  Enjoy!

Bob Braue - Memphis
2009 Fut VX Kaleef's Alexis v Kenlyn